The Ann Arbor Animal Hospital is seeking an experienced full-time Practice Manager / Hospital Manager. The hospital is comprised of a team of amazing staff with highly respected and loved doctors. We are a 24-hour, seven day per week, AAHA accredited hospital that has been serving Ann Arbor and the surrounding area for 90 years. The hospital offers three core services; Critical Care, Emergency Service, and Primary Care. We are a walk-in practice with limited appointments. As a hospital we focus on the special relationship between people and their pets, and are staffed with doctors and a support team 24/7, offering strong continuity of care for our patients. Our facility is state of the art with all the tools to practice excellent medicine including highly skilled licensed veterinary technicians, an expanded, newly updated state-of-the-art ICU, advanced anesthetic monitoring, anesthetic ventilator, ultrasound, Ligasure, and visiting internists and cardiologists. We are actively recruiting a confident, compassionate, highly skilled full-time Hospital Manager for our growing hospital. Strong interpersonal, customer service, effective communication skills, and a strong business acumen are required. Also, experience in the veterinary industry is required due to our client-patient focus. LVT or CVPM a plus. Competitive compensation package including health benefits, personal time, paid vacation, SIMPLE IRA and paid CE.
For more information about our practice, please visit our website at: www.AnnArborAnimalHospital.com.
Required skills, knowledge and qualifications:
1. The fundamental responsibility of the Hospital Manager is to effectively use available resources to provide the best possible work environment for employees, patients and clients.
2. Assisting the hospital's leadership with oversight and guidance regarding hospital activities, protocols, and polices.
3. Experience (2 years minimum) in a veterinary practice management or leadership position, exposure to Critical Care and/or Emergency a plus.
4. Ability to task-switch under pressure and maintain composure while working in a fast paced environment.
5. May be required to work uncommon hours, subject to on-call in emergency situations and may also be required to work overtime.
6. Desired behavioral attributes needed are problem-solving, effective delegation, attention to detail, accuracy, effective listening, emotional self-control, ability to maintain confidentiality, professionalism, dedication, compassion and sound judgment.
7. A desire to advance personal knowledge and learn new skills.
8. A desire and ability to be a team player.
9. Ability to work with employees and clients in a caring and professional manner.
About Ann Arbor Animal Hospital
The Ann Arbor Animal Hospital is a locally owned, full service veterinary clinic in Ann Arbor, Michigan, serving Washtenaw County and the surrounding areas. We are AAHA-accredited and provide routine primary veterinary care by walk-in seven days a week, with limited appointments available Monday through Friday, and Emergency and Critical Care 24 hours a day, 365 days per year. See our website's "About Us" page to learn more.