IN SEARCH OF SWING/OVERNIGHT ER DOCTOR SUPERSTARS!
Are you burnt out and exhausted? Have you worked crazy overtime, your schedule is always changing; you can’t plan anything in advance? Are maybe you’re always getting pushed to work a ton of extra shifts, or forgot your vacation, or practice a standard of medicine you don’t agree with? Alternatively, are you looking to move to a gorgeous, relaxing coastal area to live on good vibes and sunshine?
It’s time for a change! At Central Coast Pet Emergency Clinic, you can have a rewarding career that still allows you to breathe and have real time off!
Here’s what we can offer you:
- We will give you respect, encouragement, and collaboration. We will take your feedback to heart and work with you to make the practice better.
- Our doctors say their favorite parts of working here are the amazing, fun team environment, the support from their leadership, and the chance to make a huge impact in the community, as well as excellent compensation and benefits.
- We will offer you excellent compensation (most likely Pro-Sal with a base of at least $130k depending on experience). Our full time doctors can expect a total annual pay of around $150-170k including production, though several doctors here make even more! 25% production, up to $15k sign-on/relocation bonuses!
- We will give you paid vacation, paid CE, CE allowance, medical/dental/vision, 401k, all the good stuff! We are also flexible for “extra benefits” such as gym membership, car wash, etc.
- Opportunities for leadership/ managerial roles are available for interested candidates
Here’s what is important to us for the doctor we hire:
- Teamwork is not a buzzword for you, and you thrive in a truly friendly, collaborative, happy atmosphere. Our doctor team is tightly knit, welcoming, and loves to teach and learn from each other.
- You are a confident and efficient doctor who loves practicing thorough and effective medicine. Our clients expect the best care possible, and most are “do everything” pet owners.
- You are experienced as a doctor (ideally an internship or 1 year in practice) and ready to dive in to a busy clinic. If you’ve been practicing mainly GP, we are happy to mentor you so you feel comfortable in a new role. If you need more surgical or critical care skills, we can train you! (If you are a new grad with a passion for ER we may be able to offer training, just ask!)
- You LOVE pets and their people. Do you giggle at adorable cat videos? Roll on the floor with big stupid pitties? Have an extensive ferret tunnel at home? Laugh with owners about their pets’ ridiculous antics? Does your dog have her own Instagram? We are your people!
- We especially love gentle, kind people who “rise by lifting others”. Playful people, who are a bit silly and sarcastic and don’t take life too seriously, tend to love the atmosphere.
- Unsurprisingly, we require a California license to practice here; a DEA is also preferred as well, though we can pay for it!
From the moment you step foot into our 24/7 dedicated emergency hospital, you will be treated with kindness, respect, equality, and a generous sprinkling of silliness and sass. We prioritize a consistent, balanced schedule, fair treatment, and compassion for our veterinarians and staff. You are highly encouraged to take vacation time and enjoy your days off, and we love collaborating and sharing knowledge and ideas. Weird case or frustrating interaction? Our “phone-a-friend” vibe is strong and your leadership team loves to help.
We have all the usual nice equipment including a new flexible endoscope, new digital radiography, a high-quality ultrasound, in-house lab analyzers, two oxygen cages, and paper-lite records (EzyVet and SmartFlow). If you want equipment or meds we don’t have, we’re flexible about acquiring it! Our staff is amazing and genuinely enjoys working together. A fully stocked snack bar, music, baked goods, potlucks, coffee runs; we all love a good time but will always buckle down and get the job done.
We are located on the stunning, picturesque Central Coast of California, where rugged coastline, lush nature, sweeping farmland, and pristine wine country coalesce. “Heavy traffic” means 5 minutes of slowing down, and the overall cost of living is less than the big cities. You can spend a morning fishing or kayaking in Morro Bay, and then take a gorgeous drive through the mountains for lunch and wine tasting in Paso Robles. After a leisurely dip in the hot springs, you can cruise down the 101 for a dinner of our famous Santa Maria barbeque. It is truly paradise here!
If this sounds like a team you’d be excited to join, please contact Jake Osborn at email@example.com